Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Blog Stalking and Hope

I, Gretchen, am officially a blog stalker now. Due to gads of time on my hands, my new hobby is reading blogs- your blog, our blog, and blogs of people I don't know. Sometimes I even come across people I do know but wasn't aware they were blogging!

I think many would agree with me that blogging is even better than Facebook- gasp. Not only can you add your own personality through layouts and templates, people tend to write more personal thoughts and opinions on a blog. On Facebook one finds out about people through their oh-so-informative status updates or their "about me" sections. I'm not judging as I'm one of those people too, yet if I see whole paragraphs in an "about me" section on Facebook I tend not to read it. On a blog one can write a book about themselves and I'd read it. Overall, I love blogging and reading blogs.

My favorites include people I know, recipe blogs, DIY blogs, and inspirational blogs. While perusing an inspirational blog I came across a quote from a book that hit me in a meaningful way, particularly due to some recent frustrations (see previous post). The quote is from a book on grieving, titled "Hope" by Nancy Guthrie. I'd like to add that I'm not going through any kind of grieving process right now, just some normal life frustrations. Anyways, here's the quote:

"HOPE: the expectation of a favorable future under God's direction"

I love this. It is a good reminder that God's with us through the ups and downs of life, and in the downs, we always have HOPE.

Well, I'm going to do some more blog stalking- please keep writing as I love reading your blog whoever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment