I will try to post those recipes at some point this week.
We went to the farmer's market on Saturday and got some great deals on peppers, zucchini, watermelon, and sweet potatoes! Can't wait to use it all up in meals this week :).
- "Chicken" (Lentil) Noodle Soup
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Burritos
- Baked Penne with Zucchini
- Scrambled Eggs with Sausage, Peppers, and Broccoli
- *Leftovers eaten for lunches and in-between days
A couple things I've learned from cooking with mostly beans and vegetables...
- A good food processor is a necessity.
- Stock up on spices, onions, and garlic (almost every Veggie recipe I've used calls for these).
- Don't rush, be patient. Cooking beans and veggies takes longer than most meats.
Did you know toasted cashews smell like fried chicken?!
1/4 lb. pork sausage (one serving) has 200 calories and 7 grams protein. 1/4 cup lentils (one serving) has 80 calories and 10 grams protein. CRAZY.