Tuesday, May 25, 2010

SLCC Monster Cookies

This recipe is from the Swan Lake Christian Camp Cookbook. When I worked there as assistant cook we made these cookies A LOT. We rarely had any leftover!

Start with:
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups sugar



Add:
1 cup butter, softened (or melted)
Cream butter and sugars.



Blend in:
6 medium eggs
3 cups peanut butter
1 tsp salt
4 tsp baking soda
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp vanilla



At this point I realized this recipe would NOT fit in my Kitchen Aid, so I transferred the dough to a big bowl.

Stir in:
7 1/2 cups oatmeal (that's right, 7 1/2 cups!)



Add:
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chips)
1 cup M&Ms (I didn't have any on hand so I added another cup of chocolate chips)



Drop by tablespoon full onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
It takes awhile to get them all baked, but the recipe makes 72 large cookies! I usually freeze half of them for later, or you can freeze all of them and eat them frozen because they're delicious that way too.





So good.

1 comment:

mARC said...

you should bring these to weberville ;)

Post a Comment