Monday, July 9, 2012

Welcome to the world....

Irelyn Nadene Bookout
Born July 5, 2012 (her due date!), 7:15pm, 6lb 5oz, 19 3/4 in.

 Her name:
Pronunciation: (eye-er-lyn), like the country without the "d".

Meaning:
Irelyn
Her name is a combination of Irene and Lyn, Irene means "Peace" and Lyn means "Water", so her name means "Peace by the waters".
Nadene
Nadene is French, it means "Hope".

Why we picked it:
I heard the name in college on a TV show documentary about the Ferrill quintuplets, they named one of the girls Irelyn.  I've loved it ever since... and luckily DJ loved it too!
We picked the middle name Nadene in honor of DJ's mom, Esther- her middle name was Nadene.  I also love it's meaning, hope, which makes me think of one of my favorite Bible verses- Jeremiah 29:11.

 

She is so beautiful and being a mom is amazing!  We are enjoying every second with her- despite some late nights :)-  We are so blessed!
{Stay tuned for more pictures and her birth story... which I will post when I can find the time!}

No comments:

Post a Comment